Formation Testing Technology
Formation testing technology refers to the technology that after drilling or well completion, tripping the combined tools designed in well by pipe strings to acquire various characteristic parameters of formation and fluid in dynamic conditions through production and well shutdown under certain systems, so as to conduct a preliminary evaluation of formations. Formation testing technology can find hydrocarbon reservoirs in an economic, time-saving and effective manner. By far, two major series of technologies fully equipped with equipment, i.e. well completion test and drill stem test (DST) have been developed. Of which, the gas well DST technology, large diameter DST technology, deep well full bore DST technology, complex formation DST support technology rank the leading place in the country. The honors they were granted include 3 scientific research achievement awards at provincial and ministerial level, more than 60 scientific research achievement awards at municipal and bureau level and 5 technical patents.
The development of deep well DST technology and large diameter DST supporting technology has been initiated to overcome the difficulties of high temperature well, high pressure well, deep well, super deep well and large diameter DSTs, while introducing the pressure distribution valves, optimizing test string combination, processing DST supporting tools, thus creating the large diameter DST strings suitable for the condition of 140 MPa and 176℃. Moreover, the string design technology preventing differential pressure sticking, borehole treatment technology in complex formation, and DST mud performance adjusting technology have been formed by way of practice.
(1) MFE-series testers: ￠95mm, ￠108mm, ￠127mm ;
(2) MFE-series testers: ￠99mm, ￠127mm ;
(3) RD safety circulating valves: 3-1/16", 3-7/8", 5";
(4) RD circulating valves: 3-1/16", 3-7/8", 5";
(5) RTTS packers: 4-1/2", 5", 5-1/2", 7", 9-5/8".
(6) Wellhead control devices: 35 MPa, 70 MPa, 105 MPa (conventional/antisulphuric);
(7) J-200 mechanical manometers, working pressure 19-130 MPa;
(8) PANEX, PPS, MCALISTER, DDI electronic pressure gauges, working pressure 2500-30000 Psi (conventional/antisulphuric) and data interpretation software.
(1) Complete equipment can provide tools for 4-1/2", 5", 5-1/2", 7" and 9-5/8" single packer tests and straddle packer tests in casting, and combined operations of perforation and testing and combined operations of perforation, testing and fracturing, as well as can support the formation tests under the condition of 160 MPa of bottom hole pressure, 200℃ of bottom hole temperature and well completion of well status.
(2) Complete equipment can provide 4-3/4"-12-1/4" open hole diameter single packer tests and straddle tests, as well as formation tests under the condition of 140 MPa of bottom hole pressure, 176℃ of bottom hole temperature and open hole of well status.
For the long open hole interval DSTs in high-pressure formations, the maximum length of open hole intervals is 4345 m; and the maximum differential pressure tested at open hole intervals is 50 MPa. The technology has been applied in 70 well on site with the technological success ratio being 100% for all of them.